Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Week 19 Focus on the Civil Rights Movement

I hope you're enjoying a cosy, snowy Sunday. I sure am! I think we need a little more snow to have a snow day tomorrow, but we'll see and let you know. If we aren't in school tomorrow, the students have an assignment to work on. They are to write an ending to the short story "The Lady and the Tiger" by Frank Stockton. The details are on google classroom in the ELA thread. I also will post the ongoing geography assignment on the Geography thread. In addition, if we are home tomorrow, I'll post an assignment that the students should get started on. It is a rather long reading of an obituary of MLK. This will be posted in the ELA thread. It will help if they get a head start on it before we talk about it in class.

We will be participating in the Martin Luther King celebration next Monday, January 21 at the Lewisburg United Methodist Church. The agenda is -

  • Leave GES at 9:30 for downtown Lewisburg. Drivers are needed.
  • 10:00 - March from the courthouse to LUMC.
  • Eat lunch at the church. The lunch is usually soup and a wrap and the cost is $5. Your child may bring a lunch from home.
  • Participate in the program. I anticipate some essay winners.
  • @2:00 - Return to school.
I'm inviting all parents and friends to join us. This day is important and the program is always very moving. Your students were to read and watch some videos about the Civil Rights Movement this weekend. I hope you watched with them. I learned so much. Unbelievable! We must educate America's youth about the concepts of freedom, acceptance, and unconditional love.

As usual, contact me with any questions or concerns. I'm enjoying learning right along with your children.

Mrs. J

We had a little drone play last Friday.












No comments:

Post a Comment